Monday, December 4, 2023

Quick Gift idea

My daughter-in-law loves herbal teas and always carries a few teabags with her.  She just keeps them stashed in a small ziploc bag in her purse, and I thought about making her something a little more stylish.  Presenting the tea bag wallet:

Here is how it looks on the outside:
 
It only took 2 small pieces of fabric, and about an afternoon of sewing time. (I happened to have 2 Flamingo themed fabrics leftover  from back when we were all making masks).

For a closure there is a velcro tab:

I wish I could give credit to the person who generously shared the pattern and instructions on their blog, but sadly, I printed it off several years ago and didn't remember to make note of the website.  It you Google "tea bag wallet", you'll find many pattern options.  Some have button closures, or ribbon closures.  

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass on this idea at a time of year when fellow creatives might be looking for a little gift to make for their favorite tea lover.



post signature












2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't that be cute for credits cards? Is it the right size? If not, I bet it could be modified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it could absolutely be used for credit cards. In fact, I think that is what it was originally intended for in the pattern. Wish I had made note of the blog where I printed it off from.

      Delete