I have continued working on Parsonsfield, the low volume quilt from Humble Quilts . In my last post, I had finished the central square, and the little four patch units:
Next was to fill in the spaces in each corner with some squares and triangles:
I cut the triangles slightly oversized, and then sewed them together in rows, making sure to line up the bottom edge of the triangle with the bottom edge of the squares:
After sewing the rows, it was time to trim the triangles down to size. I lined up the 1/4" mark on my long ruler to form a straight line over the intersections circled below, and then trimmed.
After the large corner triangles were sewn onto the central square, the pattern called for an inner border, and then a pieced outer border. Here is the finished top:
I really had a lot of fun choosing the fabrics for this top, and trying to limit myself to scraps and pieces of fabric leftover from other projects. A lot of the scraps came from this quilt, which I made years ago.