Sunday, October 22, 2023

Rebooting the Blog

So....it's been a while. 

 It turns out that when you take a break from blogging it is really hard to know where to begin when you decide to write a return post.  I guess I'll just start with my latest project, especially since it is appropriate for the season.  Here is an Autumn table topper I just finished:


The pattern is called "Harvest" and I have had it on my "to do" list for a loooong time.  (In fact, it was 2003 when I bought it. ) 

This past August,  my family made a trip to Seattle where of course I had to visit the local fabric store, Pacific Fabrics.  It's practically a warehouse in size, and the sheer number of fabrics is overwhelming.  Here is a panoramic shot I took of mainly just the solids!


Hard to choose, but with Fall coming, I decided on a selection of Autumn colors.  


The Fall foliage outdoors was a little delayed this year, so I worked on my own "foliage" while I waited for Mother Nature to catch up.    It was fun to select the color combinations for the individual blocks:


Originally, I was going to layout the blocks in a large medallion style format, but after I got them on the design wall, I felt the brown was more dominant than I wanted, so I rearranged the blocks to give the other colors a chance to sparkle.

Added some narrow sashing and a border, and here is the result, ready for quilting:



1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Auntie Em! I was a subscriber from years ago but have not gotten your newest posts. Thankfully, you made a comment on my blog, which led me back to you. I don't see a place on your home page to resubscribe. Please advise!

    ReplyDelete