Friday, January 8, 2021

The one you don't want to have to write

I have been a bit adrift lately.  My lovely mother recently passed away.  She was 90 years old, but it came as a shock just the same.

Her passing was not Covid related,but that is not to say that Covid did not have an impact. Safety  restrictions made it so much harder to navigate her final days.  We were not allowed to visit her in the hospital for 4 days, and were only able to have a short visit to say "Goodbye" when her status was changed to Hospice patient.

Her funeral took place outside at the cemetery and only her immediate family were in attendance.  Sharing our grief and finding consolation with a hug was forbidden.  

Mom and Dad were high school sweethearts, and raised a family of five children. They were married for 63 years before my father passed away in 2016.


I do find comfort in knowing that they are together again.

Miss you both.



2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear your news and you had a sad time too not being able to visit. It's 50 years since my Mam died, I was 25 but it still hurts. You were blessed to have her for so long but the truth is you can never have them long enough. Your photos of your mum and dad are lovely. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Auntie Em, I am so sorry for your loss. My own mother was only 73 when she died; I am glad you had your mother for as long as you did. Of course, it's never long enough. My dad lived to be 95. The pictures in your post are so lovely! Are you the little girl sitting in your dad's lap or the baby in your mother's?

    ReplyDelete