Friday, August 30, 2019

Scrappy Pineapple finish


In my previous post I had gotten this far with 9 Pineapple blocks all made from the scrap string drawer.  I decided on a narrow white sashing, but I liked the idea of colored cornerstones.   I went back to the scraps left from trimming the pineapple blocks and picked out anything that I could get  a 1 1/2" square from.

I felt like such a thrifty queen to be able to come up with 16 cornerstones from the scraps of the scraps.  😌

Next, I got the blocks and  sashing all sewn together:

The final step was to add a border, and that's when I ran into a little dilemma.  I knew that Kaffe Fassett makes lots of jewel tone fabrics that would be perfect for the border, but I didn't have any in my stash,  and so I would have to buy some.  Hmmm...doesn't that sort of negate that fact that this quilt was made entirely from scraps?

It took very little time for me to decide that  Kaffe Fassett fabric was the way to go and so off to the quilt shop I went and found this:

It made the perfect border for my scrappy Pineapple quilt:


post signature

3 comments:

  1. That looks perfect! Just bought his latest book Quilts in the Cotswolds. The fabrics are amazing. Not sure I'll make any of the patterns as the colours are too wild for my house but I do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is beautiful! I have also been trying to use up my scraps. I made a quilt for my grandson for high school graduation. I used all scraps on the front and then continued and made the back from scraps too. When I took it to the quilter they all said how lucky he was to get 2 quilts in one. I just finished a Buggy Barn dog in a dog house quilt using all scraps too. So I decided to use all scraps on the back too. It is at the quilters right now. Hopefully I will love it as much as I think I will. Love those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That border sets it off so nice! That was a small price to pay, after all your scrappy thriftiness. I like the way the cornerstones stand out, too!

    ReplyDelete