Friday, June 14, 2019

Legally binding


One of the best motivations for me to get a quilt to the finish line is to enter it into my quilt guild's annual show.   I spent a good number of evenings over the past month or so hand sewing the bindings on some quilts that have been patiently waiting for a while.

The first one I finished was my Michigan quilt, which I previously blogged about here and here.

I had this quilt professionally longarmed about 2 years ago, by a local quilter named Laurena who used to quilt for many of the members of our guild before she retired.  Coincidentally,  Laurena happened to come to our show  and she was pleased to see that some of her handiwork was still on display when she saw this quilt hanging there.

Another quilt I finished for the show was my La Vie En Rose quilt which I blogged about here.
 I didn't get a good photo of it hanging in the show, but trust me, it was finished.

It's kind of embarrassing that both Michigan and La Vie En Rose both date back to 2013!  (Sometimes having a blog can expose truths that you just don't want to admit. 😏 )

A third quilt that I finally finished was this one from 2018, which I blogged about here.


I had three other quilts that needed binding to get them ready for the show, but at least they were created in 2019.   The first of the three was  Fierce Ladies,   

The second was my guild's Block of the Month, the  Half Square Triangle Sampler

And the third was a quilt I created for my guild's member's challenge which will get it's own blog post in the near future.

Six quilts may sound like a lot, but these are all fairly small. On the other hand, that was 24 corners of binding that needed to be coached into submission. 


Feels good to get them finished.  Thank goodness for quilt shows! 😁
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment