Saturday, June 15, 2019

Blues for June

This month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is BLUE,  and so I have been busily appliqueing my blue hexagon squares to their white background fabrics:

The applique gets done at night while watching TV, and during the day I have been working on  a garment sewing project for my husband for Father's Day.  He asked me if I could make him a vest with inside pockets so that he could keep his phone handy.

We went together to JoAnn's fabrics to try and find a pattern.   Not a lot to choose from in men's vest patterns but we settled on a basic pattern and I told him I would engineer some pockets for it.

The outer fabric will be denim and the inner fabric will be flannel.  Here is a prototype of the pocket I have come up with so far:

It may not be a quilt, but I am working with scraps! And they are even dark blue!

It's always a treat to see what everyone else is creating with their scraps over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up.  Happy Saturday!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for using some dark BLUE scraps!! Best of luck on the sewn gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such pretty blue hexies! I'm impressed you're sewing your husband a vest - looks like you have a great plan for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies are lovely! So glad this solution is working for you as well. Good luck with the vest - love that blue print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little hexies in blue...so fun! Always plenty of blue scraps to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful quilt blocks! And such a nice idea, to make a special vest for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hexies are pretty. There is no way I could make a vest for my husband or anyone else much less put a pocket in it too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pocket looks good! hexies are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your blue hexie flowers.

    ReplyDelete