Friday, March 15, 2024

Tiny Nine Patch Challenge Update

Back in January, I decided to join the Tiny Nine Patch challenge, and I have been managing to keep up with making 10 blocks a week.  Here are the blocks I've made so far:

I began Week 1 with a plan to use primarily blue and white fabrics, with a touch of pink or maroon:

By week two, I had dipped my toes into the larger color pool, and added these;


For the following week, I brought out  the purples:


Week 4 is when I started to go a little crazy with the fussy cutting.  


The greens were next.  Notice the was still some fussy cutting going on:


The colors in this  batch reminded me of my spice cabinet.  There's even a little salt and pepper in the very top block:


Although it was the first weeks of Spring, these colors were decidedly Fall:


More attempts at fussy cutting the squares.  These results were not as splashy as the ones from Week 4:


These are the blocks for the current week.  I went back to my batch of squares that I had cut early on and decided to use them up.

I have cut  all the squares for weeks 10, 11 and 12, bringing me to a total of 120 blocks.  I might call it a quilt after that.  I'm shooting for a 9 X 13 layout which requires 117 blocks so I will have a couple of blocks to spare.  I haven't yet picked out a fabric for the alternating squares.  A few people have breezed ahead and have posted some really pretty quilts tops which have been very inspiring. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying your weekly block production on Instagram but it's extra fun seeing all of your blocks together here.

    ReplyDelete