Saturday, March 9, 2024

Merrily stitching along

 As I mentioned in a previous post, I have admired all the little cross stitch house patterns that Melisa  over at Pinker 'n Punkin Quilting has shared on her blog.  When I saw a challenge on  Instagram  to make six of her house patterns over the course of this year, I jumped in with both feet.   For my first one, I decided on "Spring Green Saltbox", shown below:

photo copyright by Melisa Vandergriff of Pinker 'n Punkin quilting

Here is my version:

I liked it so much, I have decided to make 12 of  her patterns, and create a calendar for my desk, so  I modified the bottom to include the name of the month, and added a couple of shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day.

For my second house, I chose the "Hopper House" pattern.  It already included a couple of rabbits at the bottom.  Add in a few tulips and it made perfect sense to choose it for my April house:

Since April flowers bring May flowers, I had to choose this lovely rose-laden pattern for my May block.  It is called the "Elizabeth Hartline" house, and here is my version:


I haven't quite figured out if I'm going to frame them individually, or surround them with fabric and make them into a wallhanging.  For now, I'm just really enjoying stitching them. 


I'm currently working on a block for June, with lots of strawberries. I'll keep you posted..

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, your monthly homes are just gorgeous! It is such an honor that you are stitching my little homes; I can not tell you how much that means to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart I hope you are enjoying each one. You made my day. Hugs and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melisa, I'm so excited to hear you like these! I wasn't sure if it was okay that I made a few changes to your delightful patterns. I haven't done any cross stitch in years, but it was your blog and patterns that got me jump started. Thank you! You made MY day!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous stitching, I love Melisa's designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. Of course, I can't take credit for the "adorable" part, since it's not my design.

      Delete
  4. These will make a fun wall hanging or calendar! Great colours! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I guess I have a whole year to figure it out! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Such a great idea, stitching a little house for each month, and making them personal to you. I like the idea of finishing them separately then you could display one each month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so pretty and well-stitched; very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete