Thursday, October 26, 2023

Transformation for Toby

After using the "Dogs in Sweaters" pattern to make a quilt  for my sister to represent her two little dachshunds, I thought it would be fun to create a dog quilt to represent my own little pup, Toby.

We don't know Toby's exact heritage, but he does have a longish body with short legs similar to a dachshund. 


I started with the same dachshund pattern for the body, but needed to make some changes to the face.  
 I added the eyebrows, shortened the ears and adjusted the colors on the nose.  I also added two buttons for eyes.

I didn't have a need for a whole quilt of Tobys, so I settled on just making a pillow.

He makes for a cute little companion, don't you think?


1 comment:

  1. Indeed he does. And quilted Toby bears a decided resemblance to real Toby!

    ReplyDelete