Friday, May 3, 2019

I couldn't wait.


This month's chosen color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is ORANGE .  So why am I showing a rainbow of blocks?

The truth is, I have learned that the real challenge of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is...waiting!

This month, I dutifully pulled out the orange scraps

then I made my usual half dozen "Birds in the Air" blocks,

and, also the bonus crumb block:

But...rather than pack them away to wait until next month, I went ahead and sewed up the same blocks from the  blue and purple fabrics that I cut out last month.  Now what was a gal to do but put them up on the design wall and take a peek?!

Each month I have been making 6 blocks of each color, but this layout requires only 4 of most colors, so I will have plenty of leftovers to put towards a second quilt.

Whenever the June color is announced, I'll have to consider starting a new pattern for each month's scraps, as I'm planning on keeping this kid sized,  but I'm just fine with that. If I can't think of a pattern, there is plenty of inspiration from the other bloggers who post each month over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link up page.

post signature

9 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! The colorful birds in the air blocks look beautiful together. Sew inspiring ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow is beautiful. I agree that waiting is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birds in the air quilt is quite lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that block, and your layout is just beautiful! I wouldn't to wait to finish that one up either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your colors! These look perfect for a child sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, the different colours look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you have enough blocks, why wait?! The point of the Challenge is USING your scraps!! You've done that and you chose a beautiful setting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful!! No wonder you couldn't wait.

    ReplyDelete