Monday, April 15, 2019

Rolling up my sleeves

My husband was shopping around for a protective sleeve for his computer tablet, so I offered to  make one for him.

I started with some Star Wars fabric:

I layered the fabric with some batting  and quilted it, using the narrow white margins in the pattern as my quilting guide:

Then, using a navy corduroy fabric for the lining, I sewed it up into a sleeve:

I sewed the corduroy with the nap of the fabric towards the bottom of the sleeve.  This made it easier for the tablet to slide down into the sleeve, and offered just a bit of resistance to help keep the tablet from sliding out of it.

Here it is, in use.
 (The tablet fits down into the sleeve.  I left it out for the photo.)

I think that truly this should be called a "tablet cozy", rather than "sleeve", don't you think?



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Tablet cozy works better! Isn't it fun to have small projects like this to make in just a short time! I am working on 2 quilts right now but not very energetically. Sometimes small finished projects give us a sense of accomplishment right away.

    ReplyDelete