Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas Sewing

             Images For  Crochet Clip Art
I actually managed a few handmade items for Christmas gifts this year....

 For my son and daughter-in-law,  I made a set of His and Her reversible aprons.  For my son, I chose  fabric with a coffee print, and also a chef print.  Then I added a Civil War repro fabric for the pockets.


For my daughter-in-law I paired up a cute Alpaca print with a little bird print in the same colors:

I use the same pattern for both aprons, but I make the men's apron a bit shorter and the pockets are square:

For the ladies aprons, I use a circular pocket with a matching binding:

Here they are, side by side:

For my mom, I made a totebag for her walker/rollator. 

Seeing as her rollator goes with her where ever she travels, I thought  a fabric with luggage stickers seemed appropriate.

I added some machine embroidery to the top, the bottom and the handles to give it some punch:

Inside are lots of pockets, and the straps are attached with buttons.

Mom's ready to roll!

The last bit of Christmas sewing I did  was these 2 adult clothing protectors that our guild collected from its members to be donated to a nursing home.

Since my sewing room doubles as a gift wrapping center, there is a lot of straightening up to do now that Christmas is over.  Got to start the new year with a clean workspace!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. You got a lot done for Christmas. I love the aprons. I'm sure they will be treasured! Your mom's tote bag came out perfect! She'll get so much use out of it. I hope you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete