Saturday, June 23, 2018

Dancing with the Tutu Fairy



 A while back I bought this cute panel called "Tutu Fairy".

It was intended to be made into a pocketed wallhanging, but I thought I would turn it into a Quilt for Kids donation.  I had also purchased some of the coordinating fabrics:

I started out by cutting out the six "tutu fairies" and giving them a uniform, pink border:

Then I chose 6 of the smaller motifs to cut out and border with one of the coordinating fabrics:

I set the blocks together on my design board to see how they looked:

Cute, but rather small, since the blocks were only 6.5 inches wide.  I decided to give each type of block another border.  The tutu fairies got a basic white:

and the other blocks got a teal green:

When I put them together, it looked like this:

Now it just needed a few borders.  I wanted to include the pink ballet slipper fabric from the coordinates, so that became the first  border.  Then a skinny dark pink border, and at last, a border of the tutu fabric.


Ta-Da!  A quick and easy quilt that I hope a little ballerina will love.  The turquoise castle fabric will be used with the castles in the panel to make a second quilt.





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable quilt! Any little girl is going to love wrapping herself up in it! I love the teal and pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. We need another QFK workshop day.

    ReplyDelete