Our "Quilt for Kids" project coordinator has boxes of precut squares of donated fabrics. For this quilt, I started by gathering squares with aqua and/or lime colors from the five inch box, and added some yardage from my stash.
I decided to make a variety of 9 patches. There was a lime/aqua leaf print that I really liked so I made sure I included one piece of it in each nine patch.
Before long, I had made nine ( make that eight) units.
No problem! A little quick sewing and then there were nine units.
I like the way they looked on the design wall with the white fabric showing in between the blocks, so I chose a narrow white sashing. The donation fabrics included a 1/2 yard of aqua batik that was just perfect for the borders.
Here is the quilt top all done.
I have a friend who has graciously offered to quilt up some of the Quilts for Kids on her new longarm machine, so yesterday, I sent the quilt top off to her.