Monday, June 22, 2015

Parent's gifts

What do you get for the parents who have everything when Mother's Day and Father's Day rolls around?  I answered that question with some homemade gifts this year.

For Dad,  I made a reversible chef's apron.  I picked two fabrics that I knew he would like.  The first was this food printed fabric with all the Italian ingredients he loves:

And for the reverse side, I chose a fabric with newspapers printed on it, because Dad reads the daily news from cover to cover every day.

I didn't remember to take a photo of the finished product, but here is a photo of one I made for him in the past and I used the same pattern:

For Mother's Day, I made my mom a case for her sunglasses.  She has a pair of those nifty wrap around sunglasses like these, that you wear over your ordinary glasses:

The glasses are too big to fit into a standard eyeglass case, and the drawstring bag that came with them offered little protection and had no personality.

I chose a multi striped fabric in her favorite peach/coral colors and quilted it with a few straight lines.

Then I added a casing to the top for the drawstring, and cut out some squares so I could box the corners:

Added a few beads just for fun:

And now Mom has a upgraded, stylish case for her sunglasses:

As crafters, we are so lucky to have the ability to make items with our own hands for the people we love.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Such thoughtful gifts for your parents! I'm sure you they love them!

    ReplyDelete