When I last updated with my progress on my Quilt Guild's mystery quilt, I had parts and pieces that looked like this:
With each month's instructions, we added a new strip or corner to the blocks, and by the end of 7 months, we had 24 blocks that looked like this:
The final step of instructions included at least 11 different setting options. It was fun to play with them all see which one worked out best. To begin, I just laid out the blocks in a straight set:
Nah, didn't like it. So I rotated the blocks and got this:
Ahh, much better, but this small sample shows mostly the pink. How about when there is more brown?
Okay, still liking it, but gotta try one more to play up the scrappy nature of my fabrics:
Pretty happy with this one, but there was one more I had to try. This time I needed to include lots more blocks to get the whole picture, so I laid these out on my bed:
Umm...no. Too much going on. In the end, I went with Option #4, and my finished top looks like this:
At our final guild meeting of the year, we all brought in our tops to share. Here is a sampling of some of them:
As you can see, there was lots of versatility with this one block. For our quilt guild's annual show, we display all the finished BOM quilts together which is so interesting to view. I better get mine quilted so I can be a part of it.