Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Hot off the press

Just in the nick of time, to end the year on a quilty note, I sewed up this table topper:


It's a pattern by Julie Herman of Jaybird quilts and it is called "Rock Candy".

Being a small table topper, it worked up fairly quickly and was ready for quilting in no time;

I loved working with this tropical color palette on some of the dark, gray days we have had lately, and it was nice to work on something that didn't have a Christmas deadline.   I'll definitely be making another one of these.  Look, I even got it quilted and bound!

Today I am linking up to Freemotion by the River's linky Tuesday:




Happy New Year!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the combination of the tropical colors with that dark green. It reminds me of Hawaii. I agree about it being fun to not work on a Christmas deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Em, thanks for a great year of blogging. May 2014 bring you all good things xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! looks like a nice tropical fruit salad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing that pattern for a while, and just havent gotten it yet. Your color combinations are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table topper and the fabrics are so neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete