Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Halloween is over, but I'm still haunted...

Let me introduce you to the ghost of unfinished sweaters......
Don't let it's friendly appearance fool you.  It's really a relentless spirit, haunting your dreams and your daylight hours, imploring you to go back to that unfinished project and get it done, keeping you from enjoying any other knitting activity until you get this one done first.

So why is this Ghost-of-sweaters-past haunting me?  The answer is this:


It's the sweater I am knitting for my son.  As you can see, the front and the back are done, and the collar is attached.  The problem is that one shoulder seam looks like this:
BUT, the other shoulder seam look like this:
You see, before I could knit the collar, the pattern called for knitting one of the shoulder seams.  I asked my  lovely knitting sister for some help with that, and she sewed it up for me, using a beautifully done seamless shoulder technique.  Although I watched her do it, I have no idea how to repeat it for the other side.  I've been stuck on this for at least a month while busy schedules and various ills have kept my sister and me from getting together again.

It has sat like this for at least a month now. Meanwhile, the sweater ghost swirls and twirls around me, keeping me from knitting anything else.

So what's a gal to do?  Well, my sister tells me the technique she used is called a "three needle bindoff".  A search of the web turned up a few tutorials on how to do it, and I have decided that it is time to defend myself against the evil knitting spirits and give it a try.

Wish me luck, okay?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I think I've done a 3 needle bind off and it's not that bad! I think you can do it! Give it a try and let me know!

    ReplyDelete