Sunday, January 6, 2013

Snowy Sunday

I had a rare opportunity to get a good look at some snowflakes this morning.

A light snowfall overnight left just a dusting of snow on the railings of the back stairs, and I couldn't help but notice I could see individual snowflakes preserved in the chill.

In the time it took me to grab a warm coat and get my camera, they were already beginning to melt.

But I did manage to capture a few flakes for posterity.

Yes, they really do have six points.

I can only imagine what the neighbors might have thought to see me out there in the cold, wearing my winter  coat over my pajamas, taking detailed photos of a railing...

post signature

3 comments:

  1. You took those pictures at the perfect time. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad you risked your neighborhood image to capture those photos...so wondrous! I had no idea it was possible to capture them in a photos! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete