Saturday, July 28, 2012

I finished the block I posted about yesterday.  All 68 pieces. Whew!

I don't think it has ever taken me 2 days to complete one block before.  One thing that was slowing me down is that the illustration of the block was a black and white drawing.  I had to keep referring back to the instructions to figure out which was "Fabric 1" etc

Eventually, I sat down with my trusty Electric Quilt software and drafted up a block in color to use as a guide.

Things went much smoother after that.  (I must remember to take a photo of the sample she shows us in class from now on!)


******************

Sat down to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night, and planned on getting lots of knitting done.  I'm still working on the sweater for my son, and the time had come to rip out several inches of the front of the sweater due to an error I made in the cable stitch.

I discovered the error back in May, but I didn't have the heart to pull out all that work at the time.  I hoped that if I ignored it long enough it might magically disappear, but the knitting elves were busy, I guess.  Anyhow, I made it my goal to get the sweater finished by the time the Olympic Games are over.

So, as I said, I sat there watching TV for a couple of hours last night, but I had trouble getting back into the pattern.  I knitted and un-knitted the same few rows a bunch of times, and ended the night exactly where I started. 

I hope the US Olympic team has better luck!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. That block may have taken you a long time but it looks awesome! Came out perfect! I knit last night during the Olympics too. I went to bed sort of early since I had to work today so I taped it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. So bright and cheery. I can see why it took 2 days! Weren't the opening ceremonies great? The Brits sure know how to do it right. I read Paul McCartney only charged one pound sterling for his performance. It looked like he was really enjoying himself. And Mr. Bean was a riot!

    ReplyDelete