I have finished quilting the interior of my Valentine for Granny quilt.
I'm happy with what I have so far, but am stumped as to how to quilt the outer white border. Before doing anything, I have to take out all the basting pins and redo the basting in the border. All the straight line stitching has shifted the center a bit and you can see that the borders no longer lay flat, particularly the one in the top of the photo.
It's a smallish quilt so no big deal really. Just have to get inspired to do it.
At the risk of losing all my quilting credibility, I'm going to share with you a little tip I have used for the occasional "oops!", where the white quilting thread ended up on the red fabric:
Yup! It's a Sharpie. Here is a "before" photo:
and here is the "after":
A few light touches with the red Sharpie on the white threads made the stitches blend in. This is quite a magnified view I've shared. Here is an overall view of the same block:
Just keepin' it real here, folks. Just keepin' it real.