Friday, June 15, 2012

Saturday Sampler begins

Heidi over at   Handmade by Heidi   hosts a monthly Friday Night Sew In.  A virtual sew-in where everyone who participates sets a goal for sewing and shares their progress over on Heidi's blog.  This will be my first time actually committing to do it.

My project for tonight is to get started on a Block of the Month that just began at my nearby quilt shop.  It's called the Saturday Sampler.  Each month you get instructions and fabric for one block.  If you finish the block by the next month's meeting, you get the pattern and fabric for the next month for free. 

I've heard about these type of BOM programs, but I've never done one before.  This one is pushing me a little bit out of my comfort zone because we don't know what the final quilt will look like.  It's a mystery.   Thankfully, my quilting buddy Linda is also signed up for the BOM so we can encourage each other to keep going.

We had our choice of 3 colorways: Black and White, Batiks, or Bubblegum



I chose batiks, and Linda chose black and white.  It will be really fun to compare both quilts when we are done and see how different they are just by using different fabrics.

This is a picture of the sample block that I will be making tonight:

Hope I'll have an identical block of my own to show by tomorrow.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. See you tonight at the Friday Night Sew-In! Well, not really, but you know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your block! I had to drive to NJ today and attend a dinner for work, but I did take the time to sew for an hour this morning before leaving home. I also let my inner Bonnie Hunter out - I packed up my sewing machine and some fabric for this 2.5 weeks away from home. Hopefully I can get some sewing done!

    ReplyDelete