Saturday, June 16, 2012

Almost but not quite.

I was hoping to get more done last night during the Friday Night Sew In, but it was 9:15 by the time I got to my sewing room.  I didn't get to start the actual sewing, but at least I got all the pieces cut for the first block of the BOM.  If I hadn't signed up for the Friday Night Sew In, I probably wouldn't have gotten even that much done.


Aren't these luscious colors?   I can't wait to get them sewn together. Hopefully that will get done today.
post signature

5 comments:

  1. They are really pretty colors! Looking forward to seeing the completed block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a start, at least! Cutting is one of my least favorite tasks, so I'd be very likely to sew if my pieces were already cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors! Can't wait to see your progress! It's going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutting is good. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mystery quilts take a certain gumption. More than once, my mentor told me I should throw blocks away because they were so ugly. But, I never did. I persevered through every mystery I started and can tell you that while they would have been easy to walk away from, I was always glad I saw them all the way through...even if I gave them away. Enjoy the process and any new skills the leader shares. I love those batik colors. Lane

    ReplyDelete