I have finished the back of my son's sweater, and begun working on the front. The pattern calls for 2 cables up the front. I was a little confused with the pattern at first because it is not a traditional, single twist cable. Instead, it looks more like a braid:
The braid was not hard to do, it just meant paying a little more attention. I had never really noticed until now how many different kinds of knitted cables there are.
When it came time to start shaping the armholes, I laid it out to measure it against the back:
That's when I saw it.
Oops! Three stitches that should have been knit instead of purled. I managed to fix them without pulling out a dozen rows of work, but it was a nail biter.
While all this was taking place, a certain party took advantage of my distraction and did this:
I don't think he looks particularly sorry....
but I forgave him anyway.