Sunday, June 28, 2009

My most recent project

Meet the newest addition to our family:
Relaxed
His name is Toby and he is a 5 month old mixed breed puppy that we adopted last week from a shelter.
Bricks From the best estimates, he appears to be part labrador and part basset hound. He has short legs with turned out paws and a jogging gait that resembles a basset hound, but his littermates had longer legs and were mostly black like a labrador.


Siblings



Here’s a picture of Toby with 2 of his siblings, taken at the shelter. You can see that his brothers looked a lot more like labs than he did.







Nice Siding!
This is the first dog I have ever had the privilege to own, and I am totally smitten.







DSCF2755
How could anyone look into these soulful brown eyes and not take him home? I just love his two tan “eyebrows”.





DSCF2763
We are literally having a ball, despite the additional time and care it takes to train a puppy.
Quilting will have to wait for now. I have a puppy who needs me. :-)

7 comments:

  1. He's adorable ,your in for a lot of work but in the end it will be worth it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a cutie and that one photo he does remind me of a bassett hound. Train him well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be worth every bit of the work. They listen to your problems and never judge you, they are always happy to see you and they are always there. That's why they are our best friends. I glad you found each other. 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is gorgeous. Everything else can just wait. He can't, can he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adoreable! I sure miss having a dog around but the family says no more pets for me :0( Dogs are the best. They really do listen to you and the love you unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting Spiral, and for your kind comments! Toby is a sweetie. Have you seen any of my pics of Elvis? He has the short basset legs too.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so much like my Sage. We were told at the rescue he was a shepherd from the father and that the momma wa a smaller lab with possibly some.dachshund. but they really do look similar. I was wondering what you meant by "basset jogging gate" Sage tends to jog/run at a bit of an angle. And when he walks he waddles a bit,even though at 5.5 months he's not at all chubby. We walk 2+ miles 5 times a week. And we also walk a hill 3 of those days. I am careful to not let him run too much of it. But he really Loves to run! I would love to share some pictures and see how they are similar in other ways. I am not 100% sure the vet knew what he was saying when he breed decided him. But we would not.have him any other way. We love our little man.

    If you are interested. My email is blythesolace@Comcast.net

    Thank you for reading. Your Toby is a beautiful dog.

    Cheers,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete