Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hexagons take over

Making hexagons has taken over my life.
I've done nothing else related to quilting except hexagons.
Who knew?
Here's what a stack of 21 completed flowers looks like:

And here's my most recently finished fussy cut one:

I've had a few people ask me what I'm going to do with them. I'm not following a pattern, I'm just making this up as I go. My plan is to applique the flowers to a background, rather than attach them to each other with a path of surrounding hexagons.
Here is a rough idea of how I see this turning out:

3 comments:

  1. I need to revisit my hexagons. They are bigger than yours, but so much fun! The table runner sketch looks like a neat idea - I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

    So, I finally made the switch. I'm surprised how many of us I have found from myquiltblog.com! I'm glad there is a way to keep track of blogs I follow - there are SO many blogs to look at, it is a bit overwhelming! Anyway, I look forward to staying in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you are going to applique them.
    That is what I'm thinking about doing with mine, instead of making all the little joining "path" pieces. Perhaps I'm lazy, but I have a plan worked out in my head and I think I will like it!

    ReplyDelete