Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blogger Girls BOM

I decided to take the plunge and do the Blogger Girls BOM designed by Monique Dillard at Open Gate Quilts.  The thing I liked about this BOM is that the block size is only 6 inches square which is a size I like to work with.  Here are my January blocks:

It's hard to tell, but both blocks are made from the same basic block pattern.  Each month Monique posts the directions for one block, and you select your fabrics to create 2 different looks.  I decided to pull out the 30's repro fabrics and work with those.  It's refreshing to work with Spring-like colors at this time of year.

The blocks in the photo above  have their white sashing already added, and eventually, an additional colored triangle will be added to each corner.  I haven't yet decided what color I want to use for the triangle corners, so I am leaving them as is for now.

I have finished the quilting on my Monkey Wrench quilt.  Here's a photo that was more about the SUN than the quilt.  Been so long since I've seen the sun this winter that I took a photo to remember it by.  LOL!

I'm happy to have two quilt tops quilted so far this year. It was fun to take a little break and do some piecing with the Blogger Girls, but now it's back to my goal of getting some tops turned into quilts in 2014.

Next up  is this Rangeley Star quilt.
Rangely Star is a pattern by Deb Tucker.  I sewed it up as a class sample probably 2 years ago, and it has been waiting to be quilted ever since.  Time to clear the decks and  get out those basting pins....

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Wow! When I saw your first picture, I may have squealed a bit with excitement. I love, love, love your Blogger Girls in the 30s fabrics. What a great idea that you can leave the corners for later, too. The monkey wrench quilting is lovely, too. I really like the start quilt--it is so pretty. I can't wait to see how you quilt it. Enjoy the sun while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts and BOM blocks! Congrats on working on your goals! Congrats on seeing the sun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the BOM blocks. They look nothing alike but they're the same block. Love it! Love your other projects too! It sounds like you're getting a lot done. Better to stay in during this cold weather and get that quilting done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique has some great designs - yes? Love your start with the 30s fabrics. I'm not doing her blog-along this time ... I did it last year and still have to finish. I'll look forward to seeing yours develop! Thanks for visiting my blog also!

    ReplyDelete