At the time, I ended up cutting and sewing many more strips and squares than I needed, but I liked the way it came out, so I decided to try it again. This time I did a little better with the Math, and streamlined the process so that I didn't end up with lots of little squares left over.
Here's a sampling of the tablerunners that were created in class today. (Some are not yet completely sewn together.) Ellen made one in Christmas fabrics:
Kim also did a Christmas theme:
Mary put together a very nice selection of Autumn prints:
Shayna had a nice collection of fabrics from her stash:
Shayna's Mom, Avery, used a rainbow of colors:
and Jane put together a collection of vegetable prints to create a Harvest theme.
It was a lot of fun seeing all the different fabric collections take shape. I hope that I'll get to see the finished products at a future Show and Tell.
While at the quilt shop today, I ran into another quilt blogger that I recognized from her blog photos. She was so surprised when I told her that I was a reader of her blog. It was just as surprising to me, too. Small blog world!