I've been anxious to get started on my Michigan quilt. The pattern I am using is called "Labyrinth" .
The central star is made up of 16 half square triangles.
I made the central star, put it up on my design wall and lived with it for a little while. After a couple of days, I decided I would prefer a more traditional LeMoyne star made up of diamonds, so I redesigned the block.
All was going well, until I started to add the purple half square triangles to the four corners. That's when I realized I had made the new block too small!
Back to the drawing board, or in this case, the cutting table to start it over.
"Third time's a charm", as the saying goes, and I finally got my center star made the way I wanted it.
The one on the left just looks more like a star to me, where the one on the right looks more like an "X".
The rest of the pattern should be a breeze after all this!