Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Drop and Give Me Twenty

"Twenty what?", you ask.

Twenty minutes of sewing for every day in February. 

Beth Helfter of EvaPaige Quilt Design, and who blogs at Quilting Hottie Haven is sponsoring a month long challenge to help finish up our UFO's by committing to just 20 (or more) minutes a day for every day in February.  She's calling it "Drop and Give Me Twenty" or "DaGMT" for short.



I have some UFO's that I would like to see go from "almost finished" to "finished".   For example,  I can think of 2 table runners that just need to have the bindings sewn on.  This seemed like it might be just the challenge I need.

I'm joining up with Beth and several other quilters who are taking the same pledge:

I, Auntie Em, am joining Quilting Hottie Haven's second annual DaGMT event, and pledge to quilt for 20 minutes  every day of the month of February, 2013. In doing so I hope to have some projects finished and off the UFO list, (and I'd like to  thank Beth Helfter  for coming up with this concept and inspiring me to join).
 


Beth has rounded up some sponsors who are offering prizes for this event.  If you wish to learn more about the challenge,  and to link up with the other participants, click here.


post signature

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to DaGMT 2013! I'm so excited you are joining us and I wish you much satisfaction in every single minute of your February sewing. I can't wait to see what you will finish - or start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see photos of your finished items! I find it inspires me to complete something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with DaGMT! I am also signed up and can't wait to see what everyone accomplishes!

    ReplyDelete