Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quilters who knit

Who goes to a quilt show and buys yarn?
I do!  This is a pretty blueberry colored yarn that is 100% Merino wool, and so very soft to the touch.

I'm going to attempt my first knitted lace project with this lacy scarf:

(As my Mom pointed out, why didn't they have the model put her hair behind her back for the photo so we could see more of the scarf?)

The pattern I will be using is from Jane Austen Knits.
Jane Austen Knits is a very interesting magazine that features modern knitting projects that are inspired by Jane's books.  Included among the patterns were some very interesting articles including one called Dressmaking in Jane Austen's Time and another called Where Jane Lived.  

Of course, I have to finish the sweater I am working on first.  I figure that having this lovely lace project waiting in the wings will give me more incentive!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. That yarn is such a pretty color! Can't wait to see that scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd buy yarn at a quilt show. Love the color.
    I've been intrigued by the idea of "Jane Austin Knits" but haven't gotten my hands on an issue or subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy yarn at quilt shows. Hey, I buy yarn wherever the mood strikes me and my creative juices are definitely flowing at quilt shows. The scarf is lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy it in that beautiful blue. Take care. lane

    ReplyDelete