Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sunglasses required

This weekend I picked up the next 2 blocks in the Saturday Sampler BOM.  The fabrics for this month are really bright.

These are the fabrics I will be using
to make this block:



The weather is scorching hot outside, and its a good day to just stay home and sew.  It's also a good day for ice cream, and there's been no lack of that around here.  My daughter got an ice cream maker and has been trying out recipes.  The first one was a maple fig ice cream, with a maple sauce and topped with walnuts:

A few day later it was cheesecake ice cream with blueberry sauce and a vanilla wafer crumble:

Not to be outdone, the next night my son made a chocolate chiffon pie with a fresh fruit topping:

Why did they pick the week I need to go for my cholesterol test to make these fabulous desserts?  Tonight we are switching gears and having homemade watermelon sorbet. Can't wait.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that IS going to be one bright block. Look forward to seeing how it turns out. I just had dinner so I'm not even hungry at all but if I was close to any of those fabulous looking desserts in person, I would have to sample them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright fabrics! I think you should invite me over for dessert! They all look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This black and white color wave is really challenging me, especially when I look at your beautiful colors. But I guess that was the point - to take a "jewel tone gal" away from her bright colors. I finished the circle block and have the flying geese block about 3 quarters done. Nice to have daughter and son home to make such good looking desserts.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete