Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another one for the table

I'm making another table runner like this one:


But this time I'm using these fabrics:

This is what I have so far:

I haven't quite got it all sewn together, but it's almost there.  It's basically a seminole piecing techinique and works up quite fast.  When I made the first one, I did some strip piecing for the center, but also had to piece a lot of individual squares for the outer edges.  This time, I streamlined the cutting so that it was entirely strip pieced.

It was great to have the long weekend to putter around in the sewing room, and still have time to do all the other things that take place on weekends. And of course, there's always this little item that needs attending to:

I'm so very glad that Toby is back to his old self, but the little bugger is not all that happy to be eating his normal food  again.  He liked the special diet we had to put him on when he was sick last week.  I'm sure it had a lot to do with the deli ham he got twice a day that was the only thing we could successfully hide his medicine in.  Sorry Toby!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I like the pink and green table runner. It is funny that you called it Seminole piecing, because the colors remind me of Florida, which is where the Seminoles are from, right? Glad Toby is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table runner looks great! Love those fabrics! So happy to hear Toby is back to being healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of your table runner, can't wait to see it completed.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete