I have finished the Granny squares quilt top:
My original plan was to put red borders on it, but when I saw them sewn on, I thought the large red outer border was too overpowering for the center squares. Here is the "before" picture:
Faced with the prospect of unsewing the four borders, I decided instead to just trim them down instead and then add a white border. The red trimmings won't go to waste. They are just wide enough to use as binding. I think a red binding will be just the finish this quilt needs.
I really enjoyed making this quilt, and am thinking of making another one using Civil War repros.
On the knitting side of things, I have finished the front of the sweater I am making for my son:
The shoulder shaping on the first side was less difficult than I thought it would be, but I had a hard time reversing the shaping for the other side. The instructions tell you to work the same as the first side, just reversing the shaping. I had to write out by hand the reverse shaping because I couldn't seem to keep it straight in my head.
Now it's on to the sleeves!