Thursday, March 3, 2011

Choosing the background

I brought one wedge of the Kaleidoscope with me to the quilt shop to pick a background fabric.  I found a beautiful blue that co-ordinated nicely with all the colors.

After I draped the piece behind the not-yet-sewn wedges I wasn't sure if it set off the kaleidoscope enough.  I photoshopped the picture to replace the blue with a darker color and got this, which I like much better:

So, I'm going to use a black batik fabric for the background. 

No more excuses now.... I have to actually attempt sewing these wedges together!

I found another blogger who is also working on the Kaleidoscope quilt.  Her name is Lynda and you can see her progress here.


post signature

5 comments:

  1. I agree the darker fabric will show off the medallion better. Have you thought about a border yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the darker fabric too! Your 'stars' show up so nicely against it! Thanks for finding yet another kaleidoscoper! Maybe we should now be calling this a quilt a long :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really looking nice! I like the darker fabric as well. Can't wait to see how you will quilt this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right...the darker fabric really does put some umphf to the star. I used a couple of the fabrics from the star part that I liked. I'm planning on using the leftovers for the border, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Em - How exciting to see one close to being done!! And I agree the black batik REALLY sets off the colors of the medallion!! Can't wait to see your finished piece!! I'm looking forward to starting mine!! Kris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...