This year, each table had a beatiful Poinsettia plant as the centerpiece. Knowing that poinsettia's are potentially dangerous if ingested by dogs, I did not want to be the one to take it home, so when it was announced that the person with the blue painters tape stuck to the bottom of their chair was the lucky winner, I didn't rush to get up to look.
One by one, my tablemates stood up and flipped over their chair to look for a patch of blue tape, but nobody found it. Eventually, I flipped over my chair, and, of course, I was the lucky one.
So, the plant came home with me, but I'm giving it to my parents who do not own an almost-grown puppy.
In this household, even Santa isn't safe......