Thursday, March 19, 2015

End of the rainbow

In my last post, I showed the photos I created based on the theme of color and composed of only crafting tools.  I thought I was finished with my rainbow of crafting tools, but there were still two colors that I wanted to work with.  The first color was "turquoise".

I started with the embroidery hoop, and worked my way around from there.  There are pens, pins, tins,  some stitch markers and yarn.  Shades ranged from aqua to teal, but I settled on calling it turquoise.

I thought I was done with the rainbow, and technically I was, but I wanted to see what I could do with the color "black".
 For this color, I couldn't help but notice it was much more "tools" than "supplies".  I don't work much with black.  A couple of interesting items in this group:

  • The pair of black rulers connected by hinges in the center of the photo is a "parallel ruler" that was part of my dad's set of drafting tools when he was in college.  
  • The safety scissors were from my youth
  • The film camera is not the one I currently use, but I had to include a camera because it is one of the most important "tools" in my creative pursuits.
Now it is time to get back to crafting with fabric, rather than crafting photos.  This rainbow challenge was a lot of fun, and  I ended up with a colorful collage of photos that I'm thinking of framing for my sewing room.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Okay, that is a fun exercise. I recognize some of your items from my own creative space, even some of the more obscure ones like the purple stapler, the red row counter, and the turquoise tin. Funny how we're all so different and yet still have so many things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat challenge! Even black looks good! Would look great as a poster in your sewing room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Auntie Em! Each photo is wonderful alone but the collage is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete