Friday, January 25, 2013

Progress


At long last there is forward progress to report on the sweater I am knitting.  I successfully reshaped the cap of the sleeve from long and narrow, to short and fat.

The sleeve on the left is the original sleeve that resulted from following the pattern.  On the right is my own version with shaping that I hope will better fit the armhole.

Now I just have to rip out about 8 inches on the sleeve on the left, (down to where the sleeve cap shaping begins), and re-knit to match the other.  Then I will have a front, a back and two sleeves ready for the next step which is to figure out how to sew them together, and then pick up stitches for a collar.

My son might just get to wear this sweater this very winter!!!
(Shhh!  Don't tell him I said that!!!)

Over in the far left of the photo are two UFO's that I hope to complete during the upcoming "Drop and Give Me Twenty" challenge.  The purple and green is a card trick quilt that is basted and ready for quilting.  The bit of brown fabric on top of the green and purple is a basket quilt that needs some rehab to give it flat borders.

Hope to get lots finished this February!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I knew you could do it ,can't wait to see the finished sweater .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Em - You will have your son's sweater finished in no time. Forward progress is always a good way to keep us motivated.
    Linda N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks like it's going to be done in no time! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really going to feel a sense of accomplishment when this sweater is done. Aren't you glad you have all the history recorded? Maybe you could print all the sweater posts and make a little booklet to give your son along with the finished sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. always enjoy coming across knitting posts as i browse the quilting blogs ... your pattern corrections are interesting, your knitting so smooth and even. very nice; you'll have a great sweater once it's sewn together [with a ladder stitch perhaps?]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Auntie Em, thanks for visiting my blog on Dare to Dresden. I have to tell you that is a beautiful picture you made with the dresdens. Thanks for following and now I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete