I needed a new purse, so I pulled out the pattern for the Potato Chip Bag. I made my first one back in 2012, following the directions as written.
Then I made another, smaller one for my mom:
With two under my belt, I went off on my own and created a third bag for my own use, larger this time, and with a few bells and whistles like zippered interior pockets,an adjustable strap, and patchwork for the front flap and back pocket.
After much use as my day-to-day purse, the larger one started to look a little faded and droopy. Time to make new one. My first choice for the purse was to use what was left of this border fabric from a recent quilt project:
I fussy cut the large floral to make the front flap, and used the rest for a pocket on the back: