Monday, August 24, 2015

Here is the church, here is the steeple...




What's a little Hillside village without a little village church?  As I was working my way up the hill on my Hillside Houses quilt, I decided I wanted to make one of the houses into a church.


The turquoise house seemed like a good candidate.   It already had one long side with a row of windows.  All it needed was a steeple to make it into a church.

I cut out two rectangles of the church fabric, and a few squares for the roof and for the red house in the background.

From the squares, I made half square triangles and added them to the church fabrics.

Then I trimmed down the church fabrics to make the steeple.

Next step was to add the other parts of the red house in the background.

Here is how it looked when I added it into the rest of the blocks

Ta da!  Ordinary house turned into quaint little village church.  Love it!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute touch! Wonder if we'll see any weddings!! Haha! It's coming along great!

    ReplyDelete